Thursday, December 04, 2008

Simple Dreams Up Date

I am not sure how many of you have been following the Simple Dreams sight... some incredible things have been happening over there... Many children have been sponsored, in fact we have just started into the next orphanage with 150 new faces... It really is heart breaking as I load them up onto the sight... Their eyes just seen to burn into me as I look at them... Then I started to realize something ... out of 150 kids , they were only about a dozen outfits... then I remembered our Dream Agent sharing that when they want to take the kids any ware, they take them in small groups because they do not have enough nice cloths for more then about a dozen at a time...
I just received the final sponsorship for the Hernia operation... a good thing since we went ahead this week and booked lili for her operation ...We have also given out the first batch of blankets.... what a blessing that has been for the Babushka's facing a cold winter ahead. We have also had many other needs met , like trips to the dentist , and baby formula. The scholarships have done very well also... and we have been able to get kids into some excellent schools as well as tutors for those that need a little extra help.... Even some little extras in life like Dance lessons have been sponsored. The word is starting to spread in Central Asia, and We are starting to get more requests for help ... from kids like Anvar and Kamala ...
By seeing the difference that is being made in lives around them, people are allowing themselves to DREAM ... we are seeing HOPE return to the hopeless.... When we started this, I had not taken into consideration the spin off that hope brings... it not only touches those that are blessed when thier dream is met, it reaches deep into hearts of those around them . They see the difference that hope is bringing..It is giving them the strength to carry on . When a new Dream comes in I want to jump right away and say "Yes..Yes .... here you go" to all of them , but like them, I have to have faith .

There are a few other exciting events taking place right now , but I am going to wait until the photo's arrive before I post more on that...

No comments: