Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Are you in the mood for Christmas


As the Christmas season starts to ramp up, I can't help but allow my mind to venture back you our kids in Central Asia. I think that the only thing that is making this bearable for us right now is the generosity of you ... our readers...It is such a blessing to us that so many of you have joined us in bringing Christmas to our kids.
I know that there are certain things that we must do for the holidays because we are here... and our family in Canada have been so wonderful and supportive to us , that they deserve our participation. So for the next week, we are going to do our best to get "into" the festive spirit....
Now on the note of the Well...If you had followed since this time last year, you would remember that we had no water in our well... it had been getting lower for years, and finally packed it in... Then out of desperation, we had one of the older gentlemen from our church come to the house and pray for our water situation... the next day we turned the water on again and it has slowly been rising ever since.... Yesterday we awoke to no water... I went out and looked in our old dug well and found that the un imaginable had happened... the water was so high that the pump platform at the top of the well was now a foot under water, and the pump had shorted out.... I had to spend the day yesterday installing a new submersible pump. ... So I guess that is what Julie and I will be getting each other for Christmas this year.!

No comments: