Friday, September 25, 2026

Working on the jet lag !

 Home safe and sound ...  Picked some apples from our orchard in Canada and unpacked our bags .. at least this time I waited until the sun was up .

Last night we had a bit of a frost so the apples will be ready for picking in a few days . 


But let's go back a few days .
We had a fun good buy day with the folks from the farm and from the city.    

Stopped on the top of the mountain pass for a group photo .


John photo bomb Julie and Olivtina as we came over the mountain.  


We met up with everyone at the bowling alley. 

Some pictures of the gang a out for supper. 









We had a 5 hour flight to Dubai, then a 19 hour layover and a 15 hour flight back to Toronto .





It was meant to be a 2 hour hop on hop off bus tour, but with out side temperatures of 42C there was not a lot of hopping , especially when we had a seat at the top front of the bus with A/C blowing in our faces ... we just stayed put and enjoyed the commentary.    


I was a little concerned about the 15 hour flight but we got two isle seats beside each other and both seats had no one beside them, as well the seats are slightly wider and a bit more space in front of us. also the flight was nice and cool , so that made all the difference .  I even used a blanket for part of the trip.


All in all it was a good trip home and we did it with out any complications .  In three days I go in for pre-op and set a date for surgery , praying it will be quick so the I can get this over with.  


No comments: