Thursday, July 03, 2008

The Human Factor .....

It is easy to get caught up with the task at hand and let the human factor get "lost in the translation" I have a very poor grasp of the Russian language, so I miss a lot and even conversing with the kids is sometimes neglected... I guess that is why God gave me a couple of wonderful daughters to complete the team... They new the impact we were having on this little guy... they new how excited he would be....
Ruslan his mom, Raheema, and his baby sister, Maleeka, found themselves on the street in the middle of one of the coldest winters on record here... The police new that they could count on our friends from Lepta Plus. Sergei and Anya brought her to the village orphanage where they have been trying to piece their lives back together. Today was a watershed moment for them... When we arrived at the orphanage to walk them over to their new home.... Ruslan Ran to me with more excitement and more Focus then I have ever seen before... he is aware of his surroundings... he knows what his family situation is.....I did not realise he was old enough to understand.....

I wonder what else he carries with him.... I hope and I pray that whatever hurts he is harbouring in the dark places of his being will be cast out by the light and the glory that he experienced this day... I pray that we will continue to impact not just his life but many more in the years to come.... And I pray that I pay a little more attention next time.........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember my Mum telling me stories of growing up in the great depression (she was born in 1919)and being a wife and a new mother during WWII. She told me of how people helped each other as best they could because they were in the same boat. "better than here" she would say, not because of the lack of anything really other than compassion. She said they were able to cope better, regardless of their situation financially, because they had each other. Because of people like Larisa and Sergei and Anya and all the others whose names I don't know sharing the love of Christ one handful at a time, plus proper understanding from wisdom, healing will come....even if it is slow! We pray KNOWING that Abba Daddy is a wholistic healer!
Thanks again,
J.