Sunday, July 20, 2008

"Because it's a cold hard fact !"


This is a photo of a building just down the road from our apartment... that fact that we are one of the only English speaking families in town makes me think that just maybe they think we are stupid..... But then Julie always says that I personalize things ...lol. anyway we see this on our way to church where we saw Larisa . She introduced us to her team that has been remodeling the room at the invalid home... Maybe one or two mare days and it will be ready... I can tell that they are at the painting stage now.... they all had a little paint in their hair....

The guy in the front middle is Maxim... he is he one that will be working out at the home... We will administer the new room, and doing arts and crafts with he men.... They thanked us so much for helping them find supporters, but to us they are the real hero's... we go home next week.... Maxim is the one that will be making the lasting impact on this place.... After the photo op. Larisa asked us how soon we can return to the village... they would like us to come out and turn the tap, and watch the water flow..... I think maybe we can fit that into the schedule.
For supper tonight , we went to Isars house... It was so wonderful for us to get the opportunity to spend some time with his family when we are not all working.... He has been such a blessing to us this trip.... he has been a constant that we could always count on... One of the most honorable and professional men that I have ever met. He was excited to have us... as we drove in to his yard, Bekah spotted the Heinz Ketchup on the table.... followed by apple juice in front of Sergey, Cold coke in front of me and cold sprite in front of Julie and the girls.... someone has been paying attention....



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I concur John, 'constant honourable and professional' is how I remember Isar. I was honoured to meet him and always felt my family was in good hands when you were with him. I pray God's blessing on him. Grammy