Wednesday, March 04, 2015

great day, good night

It happens every team around this time , starting to get very tired physically, and overwhelmed with emotion .. great times with the team, but sorry I am going to bed , you will have to make up your own story today.  

Monday, March 02, 2015

fun day

What a great day today , time with the kids from the orphanage ,  out to the farm, up to the hot springs, to the Baurana tower , then supper with some lovely young students from the university .

Sunday, March 01, 2015

Today's Journey

Today we went with the team to the mountain village of Kashka .. what was once a thriving city of about 45 000 people is now just a ruins with about 150 people , many of them children .  Today we visited them and gave them Samaritans purse shoe boxes  as well as a small treat bag from the team . 

It is always such a blessing to be able to be a part of these days . 

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Team Ohio arrives in Kyrgyzstan

The team arrived with no problems along the way .  The brought great excitement with them.. We are looking forward to a great week with them 


we have a new bunny at the house, waiting for a ride out to the farm .  He and Logan became instant friends 

We all had a little snack, then headed to the apartments for the night for a sleep after the long journey

Friday, February 27, 2015

had a great flight and a productive day ..

We had a very smooth uneventful trip here today .  Once again my Expedia Elite plus card got us right to the head of every line, and a confident " I have nothing to declare " got us past the customs with no problem,  6 bags. 

We were home to the apartment by 6 am .   bags are mostly unpacked, and the daily routine began.

Kamala had her class this morning .  She is teaching Russian refresher course to two girls from the US. on Skype.   

While the lesson was on, Victor and his grandmother came by for a visit.  Baktygul gave a quick blood pressure check up on his grandmother , then we brought them to the bazaar to get Victor a new suit. He has a guitar recital next week and had to have a suit.

We brought some gifts for Anya from friends in America.  She was very blessed . 

We did a bit of shopping to get ready for the team coming tomorrow .  The vehicles , the meals , the translators, are arranged, and the beds are all made.  Then we have had a few meetings to make plans with all the support workers.

We are a little jet lagged , but hopefully the team doesn't notice as they will be in their own fog.

We have a couple more  things to arrange in the morning, then we will pick the team up at 5 pm.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

next stop Istanbul, on our way to Bishkek

We have a had a wonderful few days since our departure from Canada.   On the drive to the airport in Washington we have had the privilege to visit with the forever families of some of the kids that we have known from Kyrgyzstan.  It is such a blessing to see how well they are all doing.  

The last couple days have been here in Virginia with Amir and Danial ( Tiik ).  It is so great to see how happy they are and to spend some time with them, when we can keep up with them .  

Yesterday we even went to watch them at their ski lessons .. so cool 

Its now time to say good buy for a few months.  We head for the airport in a couple hours.    We will land in Bishkek on Friday morning , then we have a day and a half to put the final touches on things before we pick up the team on Saturday afternoon.  We are so blessed to have the team we do getting everything ready in our absence.  

Here are a few things we will be doing with this team if you are following along 

delivering Samaritans purse boxes 
putting up a fences at the farm
kids to the hot springs 
picnic with men from the mens home 
building a barn 
delivering food packages and restocking food garage 
visiting the seniors home 
working on the hospital clinic and visiting the baby orphanage 
taking kids to the ballet and the movies 
appreciation day dinner for those we work along side 
woman's day party. 

thats enough to get us started , I am sure there will be so much more going on over the next week . 

I was talking to Sam from iam1ru and he tells me that there is still room on the fall trip to Kyrgyzstan.  This is a great way to venture out on a missions trip.  Sam looks after everything for you at that end.  Trip prices include everything including project money .. this is great if you want to be part of a team but don't want to go through the extra work of putting one together .   

So follow along here for the next week and you can see some of the things that your team could be doing.