Monday, March 30, 2009

New team arrives....

When the next team from LAMb arrived this morning we brought them out to the Seniors home. We stopped along the way for water, and while in the store, I noticed a new washing machine for sale right at the front door... Hummmm last time we were at the home, the seniors were telling us that the ladies take such good care if them, and even give them fresh sheets every day... then I heard that they do all the laundry by hand... I have never bought a washing machine on impulse before, but when the price was dropped to $65 to make a sale, I had to jump on that, so along with the cases of new clothes and the bags of apples we brought her a new washing machine....
She was so excited... or as excited as a Russian lady can allow herself to show...LOL..
The team met the seniors, and Anna was quick to come over for her hug. They have the kitchen set up now, and the living room is all set for them as well.... they have 2 TV's one for the picture, and one for the sound, and they are hopping that soon they will have an antenna so that they can start watching them.....NOW COME ON... I think we could do a little better then that... I have Jengish bringing the truck out from the capital city for us to use this week ,( The rehab centre will lend it to us), and I have the faith that by the time I can schedule in a trip to the bazaar for a real living room set, PI style, that money will arrive.... By the way, the bed we bought last visit has another babushka in it now, so the director is back to sleeping on the floor..... I would love to do something about that too.
On another note, the folks at Lamb have been following the continuing storey of Aigoola's family, and asked me today if we could all go to the animal Bazaar this week and get them new sheep.... and then they asked if they could only buy them two, or could they buy them more... THAT'S WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.... More ...... I can't wait to see that....

No comments: