Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pittsburgh sings "O Canada"

I am proud to be a Canadian, and have had great liberties afforded to me because I was born a Canadian.   In our closet here I have a little collection of Canadian flags, pins, pens, you name it.  I always feel a little funny handing them out unless time to time  I am asked for them.  For years now, we have experienced such incredible support from so many in the United States that I see this work not as just a Canadian endeavor, but as a North American one.    I am so grateful to our friends in the south.  

Today that  respect that I have for so many in the US was once again brought to the for front. 



 As Canadians our hearts are torn here, partially in disbelief and partially expected.  There are may mixed up people in this world that thrive on evil.  Yet when evil strikes so close to home, even when we are 7000 miles away, it is still upsetting,  The week before returning to Kyrgyzstan, we sat on the front steps of the Canadian Parliament buildings and had a picnic lunch.. we walked around the building and read the scriptures engraved into the  corner stones ... “He shall have dominion also from sea to sea”,  “Give the King thy judgment, O God, and thy righteousness unto the King’s son” and “Where there is no vision, the people perish”.. these are the most well known, but my favorite is "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill to men"     This is what we try to do  every day ... Bring peace and good will to the hurting helpless and lost...  peace and good will , something that seams to be lost on so many in this world  .   



Today I am thankful again for our friends in the south , In a public forum , where no Canadian teams were playing, Our friends in the south in a show of support, called the full house to prayer and support of Canadians everywhere ... and joined in singing O Canada .....God keep our land  glorious and free ....   



Thank you my friends .   



No comments: