Thursday, October 08, 2009

What can happen in 15 munites ?

Our first stop was over to the baby hospital to bring diapers and to check on how things were going with the renovations... They have 5 abandoned babies there now... the Baby orphanage does not have room for them yet so they are starting to get backed up... we went to see the laundry facilities they have there, and now I understand why the diapers are such a huge blessing for them... I will post more about this need shortly....

Apparently there is a little bit of a buzz going on right now... some other organization appeared at the hospital yesterday, and told them that John has no money, and actually it was them that was funding the renovations, so they needed to get photos for their reports... with in minutes the entire mayors office was freaking out, and the Mayor himself is now involved... they are concerned that someone else is trying to take credit... so now they want to have a grand reveling next week when the job is done..I assured them that I don't care who gets the credit, I just want the job done and done right... . I guess they forgot the part were I asked them to please keep us out of the press and out of sight... lol... well this is such a big thing for the people here that they say "It gives them HOPE to know that foreigners want to help them " ... OK so they got me on the HOPE.. so next week before I leave we will be having a big production...

We then went out to village to find our two runaways... they were not home, they were out in the mountains taking the village cows to graze for the day.. We have someone going back to see them tonight and to let them know that it was us that came to see them, and that we would like to have a visit with them...

Tonight I am cooking supper for another one of the orphanages here, it should be a fun night... I am thinking Roast chicken with scalloped potatoes and a salad... and of course cake, ice cream and juice.... I just have one stop to make before that. I have been asked to visit a small family... mother , two Little kids, father died six months ago, and they have no food, and the house is falling apart.... Vlady has asked if I could give 15 minutes to visit them.... Vlady is no fool... he knows what 15 minutes will do to me......

No comments: