Monday, October 05, 2009

boiled potatoes

Last post I shared about how difficult things can be when you allow yourself to become attached.. I would like to share with you about another favourite. Talas is a wonderful young Kyrgyz boy. We know him from one of the youth groups that my girls spent a lot of time with .. they have all become good friends.... he is one of those faces that you look for in the crowd, and are so blessed when you spend time with him.. Last spring, he had developed some stress related issues... he is in the International University here in town, and along with the pressures of his study, he comes from another dis functional home. He had earned the money for his tuition, and before he could make the last payment, his father stole the money for Vodka.... without this money paid, he would not have been able to write his final exams.. We found out about this, and replaced the money he lost through a mutual friend... He was so happy , but insisted that he pay the money back, and he did...
A few days ago, he started having bad head aches, and started loosing his balance.. then by yesterday, he started loosing the movement in his legs.. they did a brain scan, and found a large tumor... He was prepped right away, and this morning they operated... The Dr's are hopeful that he will recover... we will know better when he comes out of the drug induced comma... I have tried to stay quiet, and see the process in action, but am ready to step in and help... the cost of the brain surgery and the meds is $125 US... We had instructed the Dr's to go ahead and that I would guarantee those funds... His family and friends have started taking up a collection to see what they can do to help... They do not know I am involved.... and I will keep it that way, and give them an opportunity to help... But as I look at my own finances here ,I am starting to really feel for them... As I had mentioned before the renovations at the hospital have started to become draining, and I have exactly $150 US left... unlike them,I have the HOPE that in a few days I will be receiving another bank transfer, but until it comes in and we know what is going to happen here, it will be boiled potatoes and carrots for us....

No comments: