Monday, October 05, 2009

Answers all around



Today was to be a work around the apartment day, unpack and sort the hockey bags... do my laundry, and catch up on some sleep..and cook a nice supper for the kids when they got home from school..... instead the day started early.. phone calls , in fact at one point I had two cell phones on the go, the apartment phone, people standing at the door and then they called on the Internet phone to tell me that my Internet was just about out of money and would be shut off in 15 minutes..then there were two more at the door.... I realised at that moment why people actually have offices and office assistance.... lol.... But it was all good.... Talas is awake and doing well, we are booked with David and Jayne on Wednesday to go to a couple of the orphanages to visit some special kids and prepare them for the adventures that life has in store for them ... I am booked for Thursday to go see a family in need in a remote village where we are going to be setting up a computer learning centre next week... Vlady picked up money to start the painting at the hospital... so the new total is 6 rooms and 2 bathrooms and a laundry room, as well as a new front door with a lock... Sergei and Anya dropped by the hospital to bring a hydraulic hospital bed, and ran into the director... she was almost in tears she was so happy with all the renovations.... I did manage to get the laundry caught up, and Aiperie came over for supper as well with a friend of hers.. so I had a full table.... it was OK, I just drop ed another potatoe in the pot... actually I put all my leftovers into a pot and called it chicken stew. By supper time , I had $125 left .. 5000 som... then Talant came back from the hospital with the update... With all the meds and operation, cat scans etc, the total medical bill was 10 000 som.. , but the kids at the school as well as Talas's family had managed to raise just over 5000 som... so I now have 125 som left...$3.. I chuckled to myself, and thought ... this is going to be interesting... I sat down at the computer, and an email arrived with in seconds of opening my mail... It was a donation that has matched what I had started with two weeks ago....so it is with great excitement and a spring in my step that I am looking toward the amazing things that are going to happen in the next two weeks....



I can't help but think of a song by the Gathers, In the song it says ... If you want more happy then your heart will hold, take what ever you have got and give it away... And I thing that is what the over whelming feeling I have had the last couple days is... not sorrow, but an over whelming happiness every where I turn.... For many I am seeing in them for the first time FAITH, in a brighter future HOPE in the present, and LOVE of those around them...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol nice sunglasses Jengish!
thanks dad :)

Anonymous said...

loved it all but the Gaithers ..LOL

Blessings

PR

Anonymous said...

Gaithers????? Thats one of my "you know you're in trouble when" anecdotes, but love the posts. And love the way HE is supplying needs just in time :)

Blessings

Dan :)