Thursday, October 08, 2009

Ho Ho Ho

I promised I would get some photos up from the hospital... probably the ones you want to see the most are of the new babies....... We were talking with the Dr .. she has been there for 20 years and is the one that names all the babies... It was on the tip of my tung to say... oh you could name one after me, but then I stopped and thought... Like this is not hard enough for me at the end of the day..... just imagine if one of these orphans was names after you, how hard that would be .....
Vlady has been cracking the whip, and now with all the political attention, they have picked up the pace even more... We will be moving the painting crew in the day after tomorrow..... I went to See the room where the laundry is done... first the water is heated in this pail, then they are put into this pot and stirred with a stick because even the agitator is broken And we stand here like a pair of fools smiling for the camera.... do you have any idea what kind of emotions you feel when you see something like this.... If we were not already 2 1/2 times over budget on this thing, I would sure love to go over the top and give them hot running water and a new washing machine... who knows maybe we will anyways....we will see if there is an extra $400 left over by the end of the week... I can assure you it will not be coming home with me .
Tonight we cooked supper for the kids at the orphanage... when I got there, the kids all came running over for a hug calling my name... Even 4 new ones knew who I was, and it was like they had known me all along even though I had never seen them before when I asked, they said that they had seen my mug before... I was curious about this... for one where had they seen my mug, and also I have never heard this term used here before...
Then at supper it donned on me.... My face is on all the mugs.... actually it is Santa clause, but it is close enough for them. Tomorrow is the busy day... we have about 8 stops to make on our once around the valley... I will update you tomorrow....

No comments: