Monday, October 12, 2009

Onother day in the city

This morning I met with Vlady to give him some more money to try to fill the pit over at the hospital... once we got started there, it was evident that so much more was urgently needed.

We also met up with Larisa, her daughter has had some stress and allergy issues, so we are getting her the help she needs.. while in the city, she will also pick up the bowls, spoons, cups, pots... basically everything else that is needed for the new room we will be opening tomorrow...

Then we picked up Acel and Aigoola... they came with us to the city to buy more materials for mattresses, as well as for blankets... we will now start making our own blankets now. Also Acel has a list of more kids that need shoes before winter, so will fill that order.

After dropping them off, Sergey and I went to by furnishings for the Orphanage... they have no living room there, and we are so excited to be able to set up a comfortable room for them. We bought a couch and chairs, as well as a TV stand, and a large TV for them... We then went over to Kyles office for a meeting with friends that are helping with an orphanage in the city... It is the best run orphanage I have seen, and they just found out that there primary supporters have had to pull out, and will be giving them one year to replace the commitment..,. While there, a lady came to his office for a meeting with his assistant, after she came in, He shared with me the difficult situation she is facing... She has two several disabled children. They need operations to repair there legs.. with the operation, they will be able to walk... Kyle had been able to help with that, but they live 15 hours away, and it will be a $100 trip each way for the family... suddenly this story was starting to sound familiar... that's when I put 2 and 2 together, and realized that this is the lady that Talant had asked for help for and we sent her on to Kyle....
From his office I met up with Jengish... Sergey picked the others up and headed back.. and Jengish and I went and picked up the furniture... on the way I took this photo as they passed us... just struck me as funny...
We then went to the rehab centre... they had a donation for us to take to the orphanage and to the students at the University... 175 jars of tomato salad...similar to chili sauce, and 38 large tubs of fresh honey. Then we headed back to town.
We delivered our pay load, then went for a quick supper and visit with Lynne and Ruby...It is great to see them. They brought an incredible blessing to the work here. They managed to get their hands on 20 shunts for the operations, as well as many of the instruments the Cleft pallet Dr was looking for....
When I got back to the apartment at 9:00, I had a meeting with a Friend of mine here... He has always been a big help and an all round great guy... he has a young family, and is very active helping people in the neighboring villages... He has a business plan that he wanted to discuss with me. He has managed to get a high end camera, and will be funding his work as a photographer... He was looking for a business loan of $200... rather then lending the money, It will jut be easier to hire him to do some more work for me and to help me catch up in the next couple days....
On my way home from the city, I got a few phone calls.. If you remember a few weeks ago, I brought boots and coats to a small orphanage... well a photo from that day has managed to make it into the local paper, as well as a storey about some of the projects that we have been helping with here...I can distinctly remember a conversation with the Mayors office... they asked what they could do to help us.. and I said .. keep me out of the press.... I guess that got lost in the translation..
Tomorrow is the ribbon cutting for the new dinning room at the invalid home .. we will see what happens there...lol

No comments: