Sunday, October 11, 2009

We just got in from visiting Talas at the hospital again... He was a little groggy when we got there, But as we sat and "talked" to him he began to come around... we asked him what he needed, then told him we would be back in a few minutes... We went to a store to buy some food for him and some cleaning supplies... we also bought some food for his father...
While we were out his father went back into the room to talk now that he had come around... when we got back, Talas was even more awake, and we were able to have very good visit... He is still in a lot of pain, and not moving, but he can, and his vision is OK, he could recall his phone number, and could even follow what I was saying in English, and even respond in a little broken English, so he appears to not have any brain damage ...
He then shared with me that his father did not want him to be hanging around the village" family " and did not know he had been. As soon as Talas woke up his father came into the room and asked him who this big English guy is that had been coming and helping.. Talas just said to him
DAD HE IS MY BROTHER.... he said his father just smiled and nodded and said "It is good that you have this family...
When I left the room, his father was waiting to talk to me... he was looking down, and put his hand out to shake my hand.. instead, I gave him a hug... he just melted in my arms.. I told him that he had raised a wonderful young man.. and that Talas was very special to our family... when he pulled it together, he asked me to please come back to see him again before I leave... We then asked him if we could go talk to his son one more time before we go... this time he came in and joined us...

2 comments:

Hilary Marquis said...

No words, just smiles here ;)

Anonymous said...

I ♥ my family.....It just gets bigger and bigger every day !