Saturday, October 24, 2009

Back at it .... The work continues

Project started... Aizada's home has been saved.. Vlady and the Boys have started the concrete work. I had given Vlady enough money to buy the materials before I left, and today I was able to transfer the money for there pay. Check Spelling


As you know , We always like to see "exceedingly and abundantly more then anyone could ask or imagine" .. So I have been asking myself how that will show itself in this project... I just found out that Aizada will need to pay $250 for this years nursing school if she wants to write her exams at the end of the year... How cool would that be if we were able to find someone that would partner with her on that .... talk about restoring dignity and bringing hope to a family ... Not only have her home re built, coal for the fire, but to have someone stand beside her as she faces her future.... Oh don't get me going..... If were not for opportunities like this to see lives transformed, I don't think I could carry on.... this is the kind of Simple dreams that fuel my fire....

Since we started this project, a couple other desperate situations have come to our attention.... many in similar situations ... The most of them require minimal material costs, but just need the labor... I have spoken with the Boys, and they want to help... With this , I have already had someone sponsor another 2 weeks work for them when this job is finished... , it I will get some photo's of the other projects and get the materials list and will let you know when they are posted over on iam1ru . but in the mean time if you are interested in supporting this work team, don't wait, just let me know and I will discuss the possibilities with you more....

I also heard today that the first load of coal (10 tons) has been ordered. it will be dropped in three separate villages, then bagged in 100 lb bags for delivery as needed through the winter. This will meat about half of the winter needs for those that we are supporting, as well as a small reserve for emergencies as they come up... I hope to be able to place the next order in a few weeks as the donations come in for this... The going rate for this coal right now is about $1100 and in a few weeks could reach as high as $1500, but Vlady has been able to get us a locked in price of $800 good for the next 30 days, another great opportunity to let someone know they are not alone...
I can remember about 10 years back while we were in our wilderness training, we had run out of food, money, and wood for our stove in the middle of the winter... I was out of work, and our car had died,,, it was the perfect storm.. then a strange little man showed up at our door... he had a half cord of wood in the back of his truck for us, and then to top it off, he had a box of groceries, and in the box was a card with $50 in it... Suddenly, we had hope, and even more important, we knew were not alone ..., I have never forgotten that, and as I now many times find myself being that strange man that shows up at the door, I can empathise, how they are feeling... I did not understand at the time.. I had to just trust....

I sent the kids to get a photo of the completed hospital , A funny thing happens in Central Asia when you pull out a camera... everyone scrambles to get in front of it, then just as you are about to take the photo, the smiles turn to scowls... it must be a Russian thing... I say this because since they finished the hospital project.. the nurses and the Dr are so excited that they can hardly contain themselves but you would never know it from the photo...
maybe I will have to send Sergey back to get some more photo's for me......until then you will have to trust me... the rooms look great...hahaha

No comments: