Saturday, April 26, 2008

A Thousand apologies

It is easy to develope "ethnocentric thinking.." Basically that is to compare the way something is done with our own expectations of how it should be done based on our own country or experiences.... Our phone was cut off yesterday because we did not pay the bill... in fairness, they phoned us with a pre-recorded anouncement telling us how much the bill was that month... We thought it was a tella marketer, and kept hanging up. I went down and paid the reconnection fee, the last months bill, and the bill for the next three months ... total 380 som.....$10.52 all the while thinking that I would never have my phone at home disconected for a $2.54 bill that was a week late. Well I get back to the apartment and find an email from my friend Cal.. he is collecting my mail for me... He tells me that I have a phone bill of $160.... now I have the minimum service and no calls... how does this happen in three months?...and it's not just the phone it's the inscurance as well.
The week before we left Canada, I had removed the insurance off the cars....they didn't... I moved the phone to basic.... they did not. I bought extended insurance for when our regular insurance ran out... they took the money, but now are trying not to cover...Thats 3 for 3...Incompitence is alive and well..... I think I posted a long time ago that If I assume people to be incompetent, I will never be dissapointed . With that In mind, I don't know why I expected any different...
I paid the bill and less then 10 min. the phone was re- connected...further more, I type this post on High speed internet... something that Bell Canada can not offer me at home..... Things are strange here, they do appear disorganized at times, But you know what.. Some of our customer services in Canada have a long way to go to catch up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Cal is making all his long distance calls from your house. ;)

PR