Saturday, April 25, 2009

Oklahoma


This morning I headed early out to the village to talk to the family of the little boy with the cleft pallet.. We have a place for him for his operation on Monday morning.. Their is a slight hitch ... they have this understanding that my faith group eats them , and sells them for body parts, and when they except help from us they will automatically become the same faith as us... So I brought one of our friend with us as a translator to talk to them... She is Dungan, and I also gave them the phone number of Isar ( our Bus Driver) , and he has agree to talk to them as well... he has watched us for many years now, and will help us to convince them to do what is right for the son... I brought them a couple books from the Dr that are in Russian, and explain the entire operation.... I guess ow it is a wait and see.... If I don't here from them in the next couple days, I will try to find someone in their own community to help as well...

The rest of the day was a fun one. We had 22 of us pile into the bus and head to the capital city... I had Angola's family as well as our US friends, and Sergei and family, Acel and family, and a bunch of kids from the English class I took them to a production of Oklahoma at the Hope academy in the capital city... Hope academy is the school that all the diplomats and foreigners here send their kids to... It was an incredible production...

everyone had a great time, then we went out to an Uzbek restaurant for supper after the show. We are home now, and it is 8:00 and feels like midnight.... I will try to get a second wind... I have the farm family and Benson here tonight..I will put on a movie, maybe Lord of the Rings 1,2,&3, make them some popcorn, and go to bed....

Tomorrow we are going for a donkey cart ride into the mountains to go fishing with Torat...My brother is always showing photo's on his blog of his 4 wheeler on his fishing adventures... A can't wait to see how tomorrow turns out... it can go either way...

1 comment:

Julie and John Wright said...

We are trying hard to be mature...... BUT WE WANT TO GO BACK TO TOKMOK!!!!!!!We miss our family. It was great to talk to everyone, WE LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH.
We will be back as soon as possible.
Love Julie, Emma and Bekah