Tuesday, February 05, 2008

On Faith

When we realized that we were being called to Central Asia so many years ago, we recognized that it was, on all accounts, going to have to be on Faith... If you step back and look, you would have said that it was impossible... As the final weeks were approaching, we had another $8000 in funds to raise, but if there is one lesson I have finally learned, it is that if God is calling you to do something, it his HIS responsibility to pay for it. Well once again He has blown us out of the water. His provision is nothing short of amazing. Everything is falling together ... of course with a few bumps here and a few bumps there, but all in all , I think we will actually make it to the airport packed...
Let me give you an example of provision, There is an orphanage in Central Asia that has been on our heart to develop a stronger relationship with. The director knows of us, but when on short term trips, we have always concentrated on some more desperate situations, but that orphanage has always been on our hearts. We make a stop, drop some supplies, and then it's off to another sight. Julie and I have discussed how we could make a more substantial and longer lasting impact there. I guess it all comes down to $$. Well, last week a courier truck pulled in the driveway and the driver got out with a manila envelope... I always thought that nothing good ever comes in a manila envelope... I took a deep breath and opened it. There was a check for $1000.00. In the card was the photo of a little girl from that very orphanage... there she sat - with her 'forever family'. Let me tell you, keep watching and reading... how many know that there are going to be some incredible stories of provision for these kids in the weeks and months to come.
Once again - thank you to all who have supported us...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is good!! I love to hear God stories and yours is great. I look forward to hearing more. Blessings to you as you get ready to travel. You will be in our prayers.
In Christ
Kami

littlebluecottage said...

I'm sending you a big hug as you and your family get ready for such a huge adventure!

Tina