Wednesday, February 20, 2008

lost and found


Two new arrivals at the orphanage...Sophia and Altynbek were found in a house by their neighbour. They have no known father and the mother got a job in the city 10 days earlier and just left them. The police brought them to the village and asked if they could take them in. Imagine how desperate a situation would have to be that the mother would have to just leave them without food water or heat during one of the coldest winters in record. Imagine how long it will take these beautiful children to come to grips with their situation.

4 comments:

Hilary Marquis said...

Tim would have an attack if he knew what I was thinking...If I can do anything from here to help them, just say the word!

littlebluecottage said...

Hilary....

I had the same thought!!!! I can read you like a book.

Don't we all wish that we could help every single one of them?

It's overwhelming.

Tina

Robin McRobbie said...

Aren't they precious! When I come over, I will want to bring them all home...

Unknown said...

John,
Thank you for commenting on my blog and letting me know about the current situation with these children. If I only had the money, I would take them in a heartbeat!!!

Kim