Saturday, August 21, 2010

Fun in the sun

This morning we took the jet leg into consideration, and had Isar go around and gather up a bunch of our kids and bring them to us... this bought us an extra hour of sleep this morning.   I decided to make breakfast for everyone... 21 plates of Ham and eggs, toast and juice.  Then it was off to the river to go swimming.
   The water was high and it was cold.. No idea how it could possibly be so cold, but that did not stop us.  At lunch time I went into the bazaar with a couple of the kids to get sumsa's , salad and smoked chicken... I even found some cold coke!.. It was nice to run into a few friends I know at the Bazaar, and a few that I know I am supposed to know... I could not help but notice the changes. Some of places that I usually shop at are gone and others that are there have a lot less products in them.   As we left the bazaar and headed back to the river, we traveled along the Kazic boarder.. The main border crossing is still closed and there is an 8 foot high barbed wire fence running along the boarder now... I know that is not there to keep people out of Kyrgyzstan... it is kind of a strange feeling  to be on the inside of a security fence.  Then I was snapped back to the reality of where we were when Isar had to dodge around a bunch of kids sleeping in the middle of the highway... they had just been for a swim, and were relaxing on the nice warm pavement.   They did not even stir when we flew past them... yup this is still Kyrgyzstan...
   The kids swam and swam.. they were freezing and uncomfortable , shaking and shivering , Sibera was even ready to fall asleep, but they were not going to wast one minute of fun... Everyone should sleep well tonight ... especially us...

No comments: