Friday, December 15, 2006

EDventures

To contact Ed or to learn more, follow the Loads of Love link located on the right side of blog.

THE DREAM OF A CHILD IN DNEPROPETROVSK, UKRAINE


Vadeem believes that someday he
will have a laptop computer. That's
QUITE A DREAM for a handicapped
orphan boy living in a building once
called, "The Place that God Forgot".
But, you know, we've got to keep
pushin' these kids to dream BIG!

Vadeem recently painted a picture
and when I saw it I was stunned.
Seriously, it's AMAZING! So I
thought, let's put it up for auction
and see what happens! If you'd like to buy this oil painting, please send me a bid
by email AND I'll deliver the painting, in person, when I'm in Canada in March!
This could be the start of EDbay! :)

THE DREAM OF A MISSIONARY FROM CANADA



When I left Canada, in 1996, the
most difficult thing was to leave my
two little children behind. It's easy
for me to make sacrifices in life, but
when it affects people you love, it's
more difficult.

So, when my son Jonathan (who is
now 19 years old and wears size 15
shoes!) came to visit me in Ukraine -
it really was a DREAM COME TRUE!

We also traveled, from Ukraine, to China! I taught in our new college there and
we even ate dog meat! That's more exciting for the son than for the Dad :)

God once told me, "Ed, you do My will, and I will keep your children in My hands".


THE DREAM OF A MAN IN AFGHANISTAN

One of my CRAZY friends, a doctor
living in Afghanistan, wants to start
a new clinic that will help kids there
... and believes that he can change
thousands of lives!

xxxxxxxxx
wants to partner with him and he's
pushin' him to dream even BIGGER!

My question ... We've got troops in
Afghanistan ... don't you think we
should join these two characters and show Afghan people what Canadian Christians
really believe and do? I do! I will be going back to Afghanistan in 2007 to kick
start this new initiative. Will you PARTNER with us?

1 comment:

jef said...

He's really a good painter...I mean WOW! May God bless him more. I wish I have the dough to buy it hehe!

It's people like you that I put my faith back to mankind. Your altruistic attitude will definitely leave a lasting mark on this generation.

God bless you and your family.