Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Update photo's from emma and more .......

Over the years, we have seen many children enter the orphanage system... we have watched them grow, and we have watched as they have timed out and have had to strike out on their own... every single step of this progression has been heart breaking for us, and I can assure you that there have been many tears shed. I think of the little one that Emma painted shown here below...

now siting patiently waiting for the powers to be to allow them to go home to their forever families... We are thankful that these kids are in a very well run orphanage , where they are feed well, and their basic needs are met... We are thankful that we have permission to visit regularly and bring special treats like today when Emma brought banana's ( a treat that many in this country have never experienced) to celebrate the birthday of her friend that she painted so long ago...

But more importantly we are blessed that we can be there to hold them and tell them that they are loved...and maybe for them be that relative that comes for a visit and gives them the attention and love they deserve.... Some of these kids are awaiting international adoption... but the majority sit without hope... I don't know which are which... really I don't know which I feel the most sorry for.... I guess I don't really want to know..as long as they know that we are there for them .
I love the fact that we can take kids on outings and they can forget for a moment that they are orphans ... when we leave the walls of the orphanage behind and go fishing, swimming, shopping, have a BBQ complete with water fight ..... or simply show up at the orphanage and take them all on a horse cart ride around town....







I feel blessed that a couple weeks ago , a young girl only weeks from turning 16 and being out on her own could come to us and get her teeth fixed so that she will have the confidence to face the world....... But it scares the death out of me when we took her out for lunch, and handed her a menu and find out that she has NEVER had a choice of what she will eat in her life ..... There is so much that our friends have accomplished over the past few years , but it is not enough... I stop and think... what is she going to do when she has been on the street for A FEW MONTHS... AND HAS NO JOB AND NO HOME...Just because they are no longer in the system,does not mean we no longer need to continue to advocate for them..


This morning I sent money over for a ventilator for the Baby hospital.. money to take one of the kids from the dump shopping ... I sent money for an operation for our little friend Arafat... and money for feeding program in one of the villages... I sent more money for fruit and banana's , and more money for food.... all things that have been sponsored.... Over the last couple days I have even responded to half a dozen emails inquiring about dreams that have already been sponsored.... the system is working...Now I have to navigate my way down a very fine line... I do not want to deter even one cent from meeting someones simple dream, many of them I know personaly... we have a endless supply over at iam1ru.com but I know that it is time that we take the plunge... and our dream is not such a simple one... Our not so simple dream is to be in Central Asia... full time... it is to do what we do best... and that is to be your representatives ..bringing HOPE and Dignity to the most vulnerable in society ... We have put it all on the line... and and we need your help...


1 comment:

Jack and Carol Wessel said...

Be encouraged, once God places a desire in your heart to serve, we can be sure that God will meet your needs. We can't imagine how He will do it, be we know from Scripture and from stories of His people today that He will.
We will be praying for you.
Jack and Carol