Friday, August 07, 2009

As it turns out .....

So few posts ago I told you about the overwhelming feeling my friend was having when he heard of 5 kids that were all in need... Well now the pieces are starting to come together, and it appears that I may be part of the cause for his distress.
I got a call from Acel this morning... She shared with me how blessed they were that they were able to call my friend, and that he is going to help them to get on the right track with a couple families that they are helping...
They were simply lost, and did not know how they were going to proceed... Well now it's starting to fit together... Those families that My friend had just heard about are actually a couple of the families Acel and Talant have been trying to help. They had contacted me and said that they new people who were in such incredible need, but they did not know how to help, what the problems actually were in English to describe them to me, and they had no idea the cost of the operations...
I just got an up date from my friend

Hey John... wow did he ever have some families.... I have been to two of the places to visit and we will try and help both of them if we can. I will send you the info on them all and some pictures as well. One little boy needs an operation micro cephelis and on Monday we will see the surgeon together and see what he says. I will send you a email soon with the update.

He then went on to say

the contract with the hospital, we signed it ,so now we need to get going on the shunt operations and cleft palate as well. We need to do 15 more shunt operations and 13 more cleft palate. I will send that info ....it was a good conversation though with t he director of the hospital we will get the official numbers now to start fund raising for. As well still need to see some big gifts to come in we are down still about 1/2 of what we were getting before not sure why yet. No one has changed anything that we are aware of could be vacations and summer time stuff .
There is a somewhat larger window of opportunity for a cleft palate operation, but the operation for a Hydro cephalic babies is an urgent one... with the operation, a child can lead a normal life, with out one, a child's brain is under such pressure that permanent and saver brain damage is caused... totally preventable... It is no wonder He is getting overwhelmed... he has met the kids first hand, and he knows what the future may have in store for them... he is also a bright guy and I am sure he has done the math... 15 operations at $600 =$9000 and another 13 @ $200 = $2600... that leaves him behind $11600. and that's not including the 5 kids we just sent him...
On another note, I am excited for Paula and the orphanage kids , they along with my troubled young friend will be heading for Issyk Kol in just a few hours... Paula was so excited when I spoke with her this morning, she was at the Bazaar and found a dozen large life rings for the kids to play with . I can't wait for the photos from that day to come in .... The cost of a day at the lake for the entire orphaage... $100 ... the cost of a group of orphans knowing that someone cares....PRICELESS
Her last day of class was today. She had a great time ,and the kids where all so thankful for her help. She was then offered a job at the institute. now if she could just turn that into a payed Job, she might have something...lol... one of the students thanked her for the awful class......as in full of awe. or awesome.. .... Ha Ha Ha....

No comments: