Sunday, January 16, 2011

Do what you can ..and leave the rest to God ...

From the time we arrived in KG last fall, I started getting phone calls from a lady we had helped once before .. a couple years ago we had left KG and still had a credit with Isar our Driver, and had heard about this foster home that wanted to go to Isykol and had no way to get there.. We made a few calls, and Isar provided that transportation.. I had not talked to them since that time..in fact I had never spoken with them personally. We always say "stop for the one infront of you" but sometimes we alter our route so that we don't take on to much.. You can only do so much, and some times I am to ignorant to realize that we do not do this with our own resorces and our own provision, but that there is something greater at work here.

Venera, the home director, fortunatly was a little more persistant then me. Regularly she phoned me despite the fact that she speaks no english, she was relentless.. Please come to my home she would ask.. "YOU MUST COME".. Later she shared with us that she could not give up.. she had a problem, and she new that if she could just get us to come to her home, everything would be OK..
We had so much on the go, and our whole team had been so sick this trip, myself included, it just seemed imposible to take on more.. but Venera was persistant.. Finally we could not help but stop for a visit. It was later in the day and we had a large group with us.. Sergey and his friends, David and Jayne and other friends of ours from the city were with us one day when Julie was lecturing at the University in Bishkek. I had been perticularly under the weather and if it were not for drugs, I would have cancelled, but again Venera was persistant.. so we made the trip... I was so sick I could barely stand.. I mad it through the initial "Hows your Mama" and made my way to the couch where I slipped in and out of the conversation... But I did come around to here why the persistance... She had a young girl with a whole in her heart.. she had exhausted all other resources, and no one would help.. But she new that if she could just get us to her home then Asimba would be OK.. she knew that if not, at least she had done what she could do... Isn't that whats its all about.. If we all can persist long enough to do our part.. Amazing things happen...
I was so sick, I could not even get the story out that night, but I had brought with me friends who picked up the burden and posted the need over on their sight so it was easy.. we just linked and the word was out.. 2 days later, Asimba had her answer... This week she will have her surgery... not because any one person did it all, but because we all did our part.. some parts were big and some were small.. but together, a great thing is happening... Please pray for Asimba this week... she is a special little girl...

No comments: