Thursday, April 29, 2010

Some stories are best left untold !

Over on my son's blog today he writes about how he wishes he had the strength or ability to truly blog from the heart... how for some reason he always holds something back.... and I got thinking about my own blog... I like to think that everything is fairly out there for the world to see, yet when I look closely I am not so sure...



I have spent the last couple weeks organizing thoughts , photos , feelings , and simple dreams from the previous month.. at the same time, have played arm chair quarterback from my computer desk in Canada as the work continues... Emma has been busy running errands for me, as well as a very busy teaching scheduled... Along with our friends from LAMb we have dodged our way around earthquakes, hurricanes , riots, revolutions and volcanoes... we have buried friends, and friends of friends who have died at the hands of Man..disease, and those who have passed peacefully from old age... we have counselled children suffering from poverty ,sickness and the most horrific stories of child abuse and sexual assault you could ever imagine... we have comforted the hurting and helpless in the institutions as they have watched the society they know and rely on for their daily sustenance collapse around them....



I have returned home to lawyers and lawsuits, insurance fights and realistate battles , sickness and Mandates, power of attorneys and death certificates......



Maybe I should share more of these things ... go a little deeper, but I have to ask what is the point... maybe it would help with understanding the perspective of how I see things... the old "Poke me... do I not Bleed" thing, but If I allow myself to go there I have no Idea where I will end up....



I have a family that loves me...a wife to share my life with.... (and edits my posts) ..children that honour and respect me , and each are walking an admiral path... My grand son is healthy...and I have an incredible network of friends around the world that time and time again stand beside me...



I think the storey I need to tell is that WE ARE STILL HERE... we have weathered the storms... we have visited the widows and the orphans in their time of need, and we have stood pure, as examples to a nation in unjust times...

Whatever is going on around us, It's the little things in life that can bring it all into perspective... either that or I am just "so dull...."

Here is some of the news and photo we got from Emma today.

..Beksultan has been a good boy since you talked to him :) he even came with us last Sunday. there were some pics of him riding a horse but they were blurry. I was going to send a picture of me dressed like a "princess" by Davina, but i knew it would end up on the blog ....







some day I will have to share the significance of that email.....

1 comment:

Lori said...

You DEFINITELY have people in Maryland surrounding you with their prayers and grateful for all you do!!!