Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Off to the city ...

Today we had to go into Bishkek to do some banking , While in there, I was trying to get to a few orphanages, we had three that want to see us, One is because they are in a desperate state to find some sponsors to stay open past the summer, another I did not have time to make it to, but I am sure that there is something big brewing, and the third we did manage to make it to on our way home, despite having to stop to pick up materials for a project Emma is working on at Dayspring, and stopping to negotiate 23 new beds, mattresses and end tables for the hospital. All this after Julie taught for half the day at the University. When we got to the orphanage , The director was very happy to see us, I was there on a bit of a mission, there is one young man there that we would like to get help with an operation.. he was happy to see us, and had a big grin when I knew his name.. once again, I recognised the power of a name... The first thing on the directors mind is a desperate need that she has for school supplies right now.. Just about everything....note books, pens, pencils, paper.. enough for about 140 kids. I have not had time to get the entire list translated, but My guess is that it will come in around the $400 mark. Not sure where this money will come from yet, but it is one of those emergency needs that keeps the relationship open... so some how we will have to tackle this one right away. We also discussed the next outing with the kids there.. The circus went so well that we are now thinking about bringing them to the mountains to the hot springs , then for a picnic... should be a good time. I don't have money for that either, but everyone else gets to dream, so I will too. hahaha...

No comments: