Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mold

I don't know what it was about this last winter, but we have been finding incredible amounts of mold everywhere. Many of the homes and institutions we go to have this problem.
The LAMb team has began to address this issue, starting with the home of one of the families they have been helping . Here is what their kitchen looks like
This is just a recent problem, in fact this room was just refinished a year ago...

We found a special paint for mold, and that along with a good coat of bleach, and things look a little better ...

The cool think about this is that the work was not done by us this time, but it was the home owner that did all the work himself.. what is better is that now that he is able to work, and we know he can do a good job, we can put him to work fixing many of the other problems we have found.

Our first job for him will be to help Vlady out at the Babushka's house that was burned out.
Larisa will take her shopping this weekend to pick out paint and wall paper, and the men will start work on Monday morning .. We are so blessed that money has started to come in for this so we can start right away, so far $600 has been donated.. this will get us a good start ...

On another note , our Internet is down again... I had been using a satellite Internet as a back up, but last night it went down as well.. It was an easy fix... just pay the bill... so over I went to pay the bill.. then I am not exactly sure, but I had to pay 3 more phone numbers as well, then they would come over and fix my Internet... I have learned that some arguments are not worth it so I paid the bill and the technician followed me home to fix the Internet... he came in , sat in front of the computer and stared at it for about 5 minutes, then unplugged the modem, and left with it...
I am assuming that at some point someone will return with a new one, but then.. I have paid the bill already so it is entirely possible that we never see them again... time will tell...


No comments: