Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ramblings from the top of my head to the bottom of my heart.


I have in my pocket a special coin... mounted in the centre of it is a mustard seed... and the inscription around it reads "with faith all things are possible." on the back it says "If you have faith as a mustard seed, nothing shall be impossible for you..."


At times it seems pretty far fetched in light of the circumstances that we see... There is so much that is being accomplished here, major major accomplishments appearing on all fronts... yet I am stumbling over the things that are out of my control...things that are seemingly being left behind... I know that with the faith of the mustard seed I can speak t the mountain and it will be moved, yet tonight we sit in a valley surrounded by mountains... and I wonder how people have survived here for so long without faith.. It is easy to carry others burdens... Some times we can be cool or seemingly callas as a way of protecting ourselves so as not to crumble under the weight .. As you drive along in the streets here, people come running over to the car as it slows down asking for help... As I see them coming, it is simply to easy to push the electric window closed and turn my head the other way as if I was in a conversation ,and never noticed them there.. If I can do it here, how much easier is it to ignore them when I am 7000 miles away.. I try to have the faith to step out and help, but really there is only so much you can do... I know that every one and their uncle has a philosophy of ministry about who and how we should help our fellow man... yet it all seems so lame when you see a mother struggling her way out of nothingness , trying to get her kids back when no one is there to help.... What are we to do ? do we try to fit her into some sort of a slot and then try to justify why we are trying to help.. I don't know why, but the burden is there, and once again we have to pull out that tinny little mustard seed of faith we carry, and trust and believe that once again the mountains will move...

It does not take a lot of faith to change the world around you.. just about the size of a grain of mustard... tonight that mustard seed seems sooooo small, and the mountains seem sooooo big... please take a moment and pray for our friends ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you! I was at GAP Wed night and you were prayed for there too! One day at a time and acknowledge Him in all decisions and He will direct your path!!! That's a promise you can stand on! : ) Diane from Havelock