Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Reason #257 why we have to go back...

I decided it was time to change the header on the blog... As I was looking through the photo's to choose from, I came across this one...
This is a little child we found at the dump... When we first saw her, she was sitting off to the side of the pile watching as her Mom picked through the garbage trying to find supper for that night...

That day along with lunch, we brought with us bottles of honey for every one, as well as a nutritious drink.(Sharow) .. all be it one that I find disgusting , but one that the locals seem to love and appreciate... Then as a special gift we gave out Teddy bears that were knit by a knitters group near where I live. It is only now that I am home, that I start to realize how I have become desensitized to some of the things I came across... I have to ask myself... "How could you leave that beautiful child in the dump".... As I reason it out in my mind, I think, "Well her mother was there with her", but is that an excuse ? Her mother was not much more then 16 or 17 years old , a child herself..

I guess what it came down to is that I was busy, I had many more stops that day, I was at the end of the trip and at the end of my resources.... But now that at I sit and think, I have to question if I could have done something different, could I have done something better ?..... This can't be the end of this storey ....

No comments: