After months of talking , planning and scheming, The classes begin. While Jengish was in Canada we toured a bio fuel plant, and struck up a conversation with an amazing young Man . Darnell is such an incredible wealth of knowledge and enthusiasm. Together we came up with an idea ...
* What if we could build an oil production facility in Kyrgyzstan that could take old used cooking oil and animal fats, and turn them into clean heating oil to help heat the seniors home, Dayspring, and several of the other homes that we are currently helping to heat every winter .
* What if we could provide something more substantial for the families living out at the dump to collect , where they could earn a good wage for a days work, not the 40 cents a day that they make now on a good day .
* What if we could provide training and a skilled job for our friends that graduate from the rehab center, and for young adults when they graduate from the orphanages...
* What if we we could find a design that would allow us to build the unit completely from parts found at the bazzar right in Tokmok.
* What if we could bring together a group of willing individuals that would come to Kyrgyzstan and get this thing built and operational...
I am so excited to finally be able to share that the what if's have all fallen into place, and Today the team began their training . and in the middle of October they will be ready to travel .
|The whole project is easier then you might think. In simple turns , remove the soap from the little strand thingies and replace them with gas line antifreeze|
|Darnell prepares the Lab|
So Class began with a quick discussion about Biodiesel, what it is and how it works
|We began with a jug of used cooking oil|
|we then ran a test on the oil to determine the amount of Glycerin and acidity that would need to be removed|
|I bet this is the first time that a communion glass has come into contact with one of these scales|
|after careful measuring , the extraction formula is ready for the test|
|a small amount of oil is carefully measured for the test|
|so far so good|
|the test thingy is filled with the nuturalizing stuff we just made|
|the stuff is added to the sample of the oil until it turns pink and holds the color for 30 seconds|
|Jamie runs the second test to verify the results|
|Once the right mix is calculated based on the results, we could begin oil production|
|Mixing chamber was filled and the process began|
|1/2 hour later we had a couple liters of pure furnace oil|
|or was that ice tea....|
|sure looked like ice tea to me|
so you may also be interested in the bye product... Glicorin .. the main ingredient in soap,can also used in the process of making peletized fish-food , Hot Humid Air great to heat a green house with , and High nutrient water , just the type you would use to erigate Hydroponic Tomatoes and Cucumbers . So phase two and future development of the project will be a green house and fish farm combination attached to the side , to utilize the waste, and close the loop.
As soon as I get to Kyrgyzstan in a couple weeks , we will begin sourcing and pricing materials, but it is expected that the entire project will be able to be implemented for under $5000 and be capable of producing up to 200 liters of fuil per batch (50 gallons) .. a great investment in the future
This will be a prototype, but we can easily see this type of set up many of the villages providing more then just jobs and clean energy, but also providing Dignity .