Monday, August 22, 2011

Prayers needed

I shared a few days ago about our God son getting married. He is a student at the University, and has a great future. A couple days before the wedding, we learned some disappointing news. With all the stress of exams coupled with the pressures he was under getting engaged , his mind was just not where it should have been, and his marks slipped . Because he was at the university on a subsidized tuition, he was informed that he would not be able to return unless he paid the full tuition of about $1300.
This is something that is totally out of the possible for him, and basically is a fetal blow to this young couples future. He had no other family that could help.
Julie and I decided that we would begin efforts to see about getting him back into school. I contacted Olga and she will go to the University to guarantee payment if we can get an extension on the tuition that was due yesterday. But the next problem was that with feeling that things were hopeless, our young friend and his new bride went off to Kazakhstan looking for work, and we could not find him. Finally this morning a message got through to him that we were going to do what we can to help him... I received this message from him .

Thank you dad for your help. I do not know how to say thank you.because I can study further, but I did not learn last semester.This is a lesson for me and I have the desire to learn. When I learned I was not going study it hurt because I was taught properly and only the last semester, I messed up. But then I prayed to God, "God, I have a desire to learn and I did not do the right thing which did not learn. Give me a chance, but let your will be done." and I believe God made this day for me a miracle. I'll try and learn and not to let down you, my parents. Thanks Dad. God bless you. I love you and you are an example for me.
You know we all make mistakes, we all get distracted from time to time. It's scary to think how such a small moment of distraction has the potential to derail the future of this young family ... possibly for generations to come.
I just received word from Emma that he has arrived back in Kyrgyzstan, and tomorrow they will go to the University to see what we can do. Please continue to pray for favor for him so that he is permitted back .

No comments: