Saturday, August 13, 2011

Blessed to Bless ..


I have been spending a lot of time working on blogs, web sites and paper work over the last week.. all very exciting and life changing stuff.. I will share more soon, but I just realized that I have not posted here for a little while.. I will have to do a little better.
Things continue to putter along with Emma.. I had shared how she is coming across so many needs , everything from a $50 swimming pool to an $80 000 kidney transplant. We have kids returning to school that she is trying to make sure all have school uniforms so they can attend. Our God son is married tomorrow, so she will be involved with that.. She has also just sent the kids from "Emma's" orphanage to lake Isykol for a few days. We had a bunch of kids that are in different camps for the summer, so she has been seeing them all come and go all summer. Not the most technologically advanced... she is having difficulty with the camera, so I don't have photos just yet. Last week I shared that Emma is under a lot of stress about finances, and how to help all the people that she wants to help... I know full well what she is feeling ... a couple days ago, she said to me " Dad I don't even know anymore how much money I have asked for, but they are all important." I assured her that she did not have to worry , It was Gods responsibility.. she just needed to do her part, and for the rest, what was meant to be will be.
I was speaking at a church last week, and after the service , a young lady came to me. she told me that she had just got a tax return, and was going to use it to towards going on a missions trip to Haiti, but God has been really stirring her to send it to Emma . I can assure you that this was a very emotional thing.. I know her and her family , and I know that even going to Haiti is a stretch , and requires a lot of sacrifices for them, yet she was able to hear God, and not question him, but act on it.
Last night , I transferred what will be a substantial amount of money for Emma into her account.... Yesterday this young lady spent the day set up in a grocery store parking lot selling hot dogs and hamburgers, raising money so that she can go to Haiti...
I pray that God would richly bless her efforts.. I know that he will make a way for her to go. I think of all the people that will be blessed by this giving . I had a friend tell me one time that "We are blessed so that we can be a blessing to others.".. I am Sure that this young lady will be blessed ..

No comments: