Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It never stops !!!

My last post, I was talking about hero's... no sooner had I completed that post when I got a new update from Anya..... another hero..... Last night, I got an email from her telling me that she just got a call from the director of one of the orphanages that we are active in. She had just had a fire, and she did not know what to do or where to call..... In Central Asia, Insurance is non existent and there are no programs or agencies that are equipped to meet emergency needs like this... Something needed to be done right away. In the next couple days, I will post more over on the iam1ru site about how we can help her , but for now, she needed to know that she is not alone... that someone cares.... I gave the go ahead to Anya to see what they could do to help out... so right away, she put together a small group of volunteers to get over to the apartment and start the clean up....

The balcony had to be removed
as you can see here , this is where the closet was that help all there clothes

Later this morning the team went out and bought plywood to board up the window, and paint to try to cover the smoke damage.... it is not a lot, but it is a start.... at least some one was able to come along side in a time of trouble and offer a little hope.....
We will take a closer look when we get there next month to see what else we can do.... maybe we can set up a home makeover for her.... When we figure out what to do, I will let you know how you can help out if this is something that is speaking to your heart,... but for now we just need to get over there...

No comments: