Monday, November 12, 2007

Right from The Horses Mouth


Not that I am calling them horses..... But you know what I mean.
Every year we try to bring some workers from Central Asia here to meet the people that support them ... It gives people here an opportunity to get to know them, an opportunity to see and understand the wide range of support that they receive, and is also a great way to raise awareness for there work....... We can tell people ourselves, but until they hear it from the horses mouth, it does not hit home. Here is one of the most common questions that we are asked, and the response received. It is part of an email from a gentleman that will be traveling with the AVP group in march.

Thanks John: It was great to see the videos and meet the Xxxxxx and Xxxxxxxx tell of their expriences with the orphaned and handicapped children,. When I asked wouldn't it be better to send the $2500 plane fare over instead of me she said "no we need and delight in the encouragement you can bring to our people.

joy to you!

will stoltz
-----


So it's like this........ if you really want to encourage me.... you can send me the $$$$$, but if you want yo really encourage them...... you can go!

1 comment:

Hilary Marquis said...

Someday I'll join you...for now my prayers will have to do :) Thank you for doing the Lord's work for those of us that can't be there in person. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about and pray for the children we left behind in Kyrg.