Friday, September 01, 2023

Where does my help come from ?

The last few nights here in Canada have been getting cold, and I see frost warnings in effect now .  Since we will be returning home from KG mid December , I have to get ready for the winter now .  We have our wood in and stacked, just need to cut up some kindling wood .   After the weekend I will take down and put away the kids pool and get the deck ready for snow.
( Last year we did not get it done before we left and came home to a foot of snow and our patio was berried .) 

We have an electric fire place that had stopped working a couple years ago, so I watched all summer for a replacement insert on fb market place.  and with just a little bit of muttering under my breath 😠, I managed to make it fit.   We see the signs of winter coming , and we want to be ready . 

In Kyrgyzstan they can see the signs of winter coming as well .. Every morning people look to the mountains to see the level of the fresh snow .. each day the line moves a little lower, 

 Its like watching the sand in an hour glass, and when it reaches them it will instantly throw them into a cold freeze for a few months , and many simply will not survive .  I think of the question asked in Psalms " I look to the mountains, where does my help come from ? "  I am sure many of the less fortunate ask the same question every day .. where will my help come from ?   We know the answer to that .. The same verse tells us that "Help will come from the Lord" .   That is the message that we are able to share with the hundreds of families that we help through the winter.. The help is not from us, but through us , and through so many of you who help .  HELP is FROM the Lord.  God just uses You and Me to deliver the help.   Maybe that is why it is so impactful .. 


Here is a short video we put together a couple years ago about the coal deliveries .. while you are watching it , please consider how you might be able to help.  The cost of coal averages now about $80 a family.   


No comments: