Sunday, February 20, 2022

Unless it falls to the ground

 I can remember as a kid when my mom would get out the seed catalog and pour over it tryin to decide what to order for the garden .  Then when I was older , it was me pouring over the catalog .  It was with great joy that I would lay out all the seeds on the table when they arrived .. stacking the packages by "time to plant" , then by "variety" , then I would put them around the table as if laying out the design of the garden that year ... I Know I am not the only one , I am in a green house gardener group and everyone is excited as their seeds are arriving ..




By contrast , I know of families in Kyrgyzstan where they could not even imagine being able to spend money on seeds , and if they had a potato they certainly would not have the luxury of planting it when their families are so hungry . They simply do not have an opportunity to experience the JOY that comes when the seeds arrive..  That is until NOW... For just $20 we can give them a big bag of seeds to plant their gardens and hope and dream of a positive future . We also include about a weeks worth of groceries so that they can feed their families and not be tempted to eat the seeds . 

Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.

No comments: