Thursday, January 14, 2010

Promised up date from Larissa

A couple days ago I promised you these photo's and stories from Larissa...
It is such a joy to be able to share this storey... These are photo's from the same invalid home where this week last year, we lost 80 men from starvation and exposure.... Today it is a different storey...This week they were not starving,... they were having a party !
I have come to realize that no one can throw a party like Larissa...

Every one recieved a gift....


The heating system still has a bit to be desired, but what we see here is such a blessing ... I see mattresses... blankets... new hats... jackets....and Christmas gifts....

none of this would have been possible without the donations to PI and those we work with in Central Asia....

As I said earlier, It was 1 year ago this week that I got the email telling me that we had lost so many of our friends.. I was crushed.. I met with my friend Lynn that morning.. he too had just received the news... The two of us stood together and wept...we were devastated .. we kept asking.. could we have done more.. why did it have to come to this... I thought we had things looked after...

Now I pause and think of our friends the Manaserro's in Haiti and how they are coping with loosing 100's of thousands , not to mention the millions that have suffered injury and loss. With your help, I believe that One year from now, the Manaserro family will have reason to celebrate as well... Please swing buy http://www.iam1ru.blogspot.com/ for updates about how you can help.

No comments: