Sunday, October 07, 2007

Smile

I have been around long enough to know that its a good photo of kids that bring in the support. It seems shallow, but I must confess that every now and then I or one of the team get the perfect shot of an orphan.... the " Money Shot". And its not just a ploy to gain support from others, I frame these shots and have them hanging on the walls on my own home. Fortunately there are supporters of PI that are deeper than that. For a few years now they have been working in an institution in Uxxxxxx for disabled and mentaly ill ladies. As we pulled onto the grounds, the reception was incredible. there were about 60 ladies waiting . They were all dressed up and had flowers for the team. As we walked through the institution we were shown all the work that has been completed by PI workers. every thing from a heating system to a craft room. (notice how I said a heating system and not a new heating system... that's because until PI got there, they had no heat at all.) There is a lot of work left to be done but you have to admit ,at least now there is life in their eyes.

No comments: