Thursday, December 17, 2009

Stinking Cold..!

It has been so cold the last few days. I am definitely not a big fan of winter. I have found that the best place to be on a cold night like this is next the fire with a nice warm blanket on .
I have an extra special blanket that is just perfect. This blanket s so nice and soft on one side and durable on the other, and is stuffed with a nice thick batting. It is more special to me because it is the first custom blanket off the line from Aigoola's home mattress making business... We designed the blanket for those extra cold nights, and thick enough that it will work as both a mattress and a blanket for those living on the streets. .. The most amazing thing is the price...by making them ourselves, we have been able to get the price to less then half the price of a lower quality blanket found in the market....
For only $10 a blanket, we can produce one of these specially designed blankets... but that's not all... we have realized that many of the orphanages and families have a real need for kids size blankets.. these can be made for only $5 each...
As I sit in front of the fire under my nice warm blanket, I am remembering all the friends from Central Asia that did not make it through last winter... I think of my friends like Laurisa and Jengish that are working with those who are vulnerable this winter. And I think of my friend Aigoola and her 5 children who no longer live in an orphanage because they have a business to support them... Now I must remember to buy a few blankets this Christmas... the gift that just keeps on giving....
By the way, Aigoola has about 40 mattresses ready to go any time ... $15 each...





Please select a Blanket or Mattress




No comments: