Friday, December 25, 2009

Santa Arrives

Early this morning, the kids were up and over to Sergey and Anya's apartment putting the final touches on some bags.... they had to move quick because Santa was on his way to refill his bag before he headed out to the next orphanage..
Done the first batch just in time.

The first stop on the way was to a special little boy to me... his name is Ruslan...or Russy as we call him


He is such a Little darling... I hope there is a snickers in the bag....

His father Isar is our driver ... He is an incredible man ... I know I tell alot how fortunate we are to have him.. he is so professional, he can drive that bus through the city better then most can a car... he is so gentle, and watchful of the all the kids when we go any where.. He also is the go to guy when we need anyone moved anywhere... He networks with the other drivers and makes it happen... we have even pulled of picking up several hundred people at their homes for a party and getting them all home again... not sure how it happens I just tell Isar, and he makes t so...What it means to me is that I never have to give the transportation a second thought...I can focus my attention on other things... In fact he is so great that I often get calls from other organizations now asking me to have Isar arrange transportation for them....Just another piece of an incredible puzzle that makes things happen....
I said snickers because when Ruslan was first learning to talk, he still knew how to work the speed dial on his moms cell phone.. and if ever she lot site of him and the phone at the same time, Isar would get the phone call.. Papa Ya hoshet (want) snickers pashalsta.
So after Isar's it was off to visit a bunch more families on the way to the orphanage....
Back in Canada, we were busy last night packing bags for their journey to Haiti... A group of knitters close to my home work all year to make us blankets , mitts , hats, sweaters, and beautiful little dolls (like the one the little boy is holding in the dump on the header of my blog).
We have about 250 dolls and 2 big cases of Crayola products that began their journey last night. They will meat up with Sam in a couple days, then heading off to the kids in Haiti...
PI has a team ready to roll and so excited to be partnering with Bill & Susette Manaserro...wildly incredible people that are making a difference. Stay tuned to www.iam1ru.blogspot.com for updates each and everyday.

No comments: