Saturday, September 19, 2009

Day two ... Part one

This morning I was up and around by 6 am... I went for a walk around the neighborhood... I had many people stopping to welcome be back to town... Even one of the buses stopped on the way past and the driver and a couple of the others on the bus got out to give me a hug... they all asked about Julie and the girls... The shop owners were happy to see me as well.. Just having a little selfish moment, it was a nice feeling... many people tell me God bless you for what you do... well I am telling you I really am blessed....
At 9 am Sergey picked me up, then we went and picked up Altynai. It was so good to see her and spend the day with her... 5 min later we were digging through the container looking for winter clothing for some families in need... the it is off to start making the rounds.
We had heard of two little girls that were abandoned by there mother, and were living with their Babushka... she is doing her best, but has a small income, and has a very tiny apartment... I was told it was not much bigger then a closet... well it was a little bigger, but not much... It was so small that when we dumped out 1 bag of clothing for them, it filled every inch of floor space... .. We would sure love to find an apartment that would be big enough for them... as soon as we figure out how we can help, you will find the rest of their story over on iam1ru.com .
I can only imagine what the rest of their story will reveal.... another one on the list...
Maybe I am starting to feel a bit cocky, but I have said before .."we can't help them all"... well I am thinking... I just need to try harder, because it was pointed out to me today by a great friend that their is "something greater that is in us ,than what there is in this world"... the world tells us we can't help them all...well maybe not, but we will help those that get in my way ! the next stop was the Baby hospital... for that story you will have to go over to http://www.iam1ru.blogspot.com/ ... bare with me....I am trying to save time posting on two sites until I get caught up...

No comments: