Wednesday, August 01, 2007

THE SECRET PLACE

One of my earliest memories as a child was sitting in the window of a cottage in the mountains in Quebec. It was built by my fathers life long best friend. I think that the reason that day impressed on me so much is because it was sitting in that window I first heard about Gods plan for salvation. It was many years later that I understood that incredible gift. To this day that window has been MY SECRET PLACE. It may seem silly, but I have always felt that no mater what life threw at me I could always retreat to that window and be shielded under the shadow of God.
Nearly 40 years later, that secret place still exists.....It's just not so secret any more. Today that one cottage is now many ,and operates as a secret place for anyone who needs that fresh touch. I guess it's not just me... It has become a place of refreshing and encouragement for many. Today the property has a new guardian.....My dads buddy is still around....but his daughter and Son in law live on that mountain. God has given us great friends in Dave and Barbra and their four kids. Acts 1 v 8 tells us to be Gods witness in our homes and in our village and in our country and around the world. Dave's family lives that every day.
From Les Clairieres Canada to a Lake in Central Asia, the investment this family has made to humanity has been a testimony to Gods Grace......With accommodations like this It's no wonder the youth missions trip went so well.
Psalm 91
He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

No comments: