Thursday, November 02, 2006

Head Hunters....

Hello sad world... Renee here... reporting for my official first blog duty. It was requested that I post, to update all you fans out there on our most recent encounter with the locals. So we arrived today in the village and scooted over to the apartments we are to be...fixing?? ...not that I even know how to swing a hammer, but I do what I can. Well, we arrived at the first apartment, and arranged with the family that we would set them up in a hotel while we're taking care of things for them. They were slightly uneasy with the thought of leaving the apartment, but finally gave in after we bribed them. The pastor took them to the hotel and bought them some good food, but instead of saying thank you and digging in, the family seemed to grow even more uneasy. The pastor asked if everything was ok, and they looked at him and said they were concerned that we were fattening them for a pagan sacrifice... lol! The pastor then helped them to realize that that was not the case...

Ahh gotta love it when things get lost in translation....
Signing off.
Renee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow......as I read through the days events, tears are dripping off of my chin. It is like I am right back there again. God sure is amazing, and it is so heartwarming to see Him at work through servants like you and the team. We can sit here in our warm homes, with full fridges and thick comforters on our expensive beds, and forget about the suffering in the rest of the world. Once you see it though, you NEVER forget it. Seeing the work you are doing reminds me that yes, we are all called to missions, and if people only knew how rewarding it is to see people without hope, become hopeful and see lives transformed, then everyone would want to do what you are doing. I have never had a more rewarding and fulfilling experience then my mision trip last year. I will pray for the team and I wish you health, strength and renewed faith on a daily basis. You all are doing AMAZING work.......Praise God.