Friday, March 29, 2013

IF THE SHOE FITS

We are just about packed and out the door .  just down to which shoes do I bring.  I don't have a lot by some peoples standards , I have a work pair, a pair of nice leather dress shoes that belonged to Julies Uncle,  My favorite pair is a pair from the Aurora shoe company , they were given to Julie and I by some great friends and supporters.. I also have a couple pair of Crocks .. then there are the sandals  , and the water shoes I borrowed from my son and forgot to return .   I  have to figure out which two pair would be the best mix and match  to meet by needs... 

Why do I tell you this ?   The same time I am deciding what shoes to were, Larissa is calling Bekah and asking if there is any way that we could get some shoes for the men at the mens home .. many of them have no shoes, and if they do, they are cheep fur lined rubber ones that we bought them in the winter ,,.. or like the pair below are 4 sizes to small .. but that's all they have . I think of the saying " If the shoe fits" .. well in this case , even if it doesn't ....



Of course there is always a solution..  We have a donation to help with this , but they can only cover half, so have agreed that if we find the sponsor for the other half, we can make this happen .    

over 200 pairs of shoes .. yet we need only to raise $250 .. I hear that some people pay that much for one pair... 

Well Bekah and her friends at iam1ru    have added this challenge to the dream board .. you can sponsor the whole thing , or you could just sponsor $10     click   HERE  
I have steeped out in faith and have told them that we will be there with the shoes on Tuesday morning ... What a great blessing this will be to them , and again we are so overjoyed that we can be a part of this simple dream , and I know you will be too.

No comments: