Thursday, November 24, 2011

Blessed to Bless

There is a lot on the go right now, and it is easy to get distracted. It is not officially Thanksgiving here in Canada, that was last month for us. I must have a little Kyrgy's that has rubbed off on me, because like in Kyrgyzstan we are now ready to celebrate every holiday going, and hay there is nothing wrong with having 2 thanksgivings after all we should be thankful all the time .

I spent some time this morning helping my good friend and pastor pack. This has hit me a little harder then I expected. After all with us gone all the time , how selfish is that for us to expect things to remain the same at home. But it hits me, How is it going to be having someone as close as our pastor that does not have a first hand understanding of our work. As I share with my pastor the troubles and trials that we face on an on going basis, he knows , he understands.. he has been there, in fact it was Him that brought us to Central Asia all those years ago... IT IS ALL HIS FAULT..hahaha...

The pie Challenge is down to the last day. I sometimes feel like I am abusing my friends and sponsors . I am always coming to you guys with needs... granted they are not my needs .. as much as they are needs and burdens that others have given me..

I don't take offence at all when Emma writes me , yet more and more I can tell that she is feeling like me.. She now will often start with " I am sorry Dad that I am always asking but ... "I must tell you that this can be a hard cross to bare. Today it just seamed that much harder for me...
I received an email this morning .. It has given me more encouragement that you could imagine. I have opened it up and read it at least a dozen times ... I can't share it all , but I will give you a little tast ...


Dear John 
Here in the United States, we are preparing to celebrate   Thanksgiving.  I am about to put a 21 pound turkey in the oven.    Yesterday the kids made 2 pumpkin pies.  We have mashed potatoes,   sweet potatoes, rolls, etc.  More than enough to feed us and our   extended family.  As we give thanks today, I give thanks for people like you and your   beautiful family.  Who hear God's call.  Who lovingly draw others   into your mission of helping God's children half a world away.  Who   are the hands and feet and voice and heart of our Lord Jesus.  So, this Thanksgiving, as we count our blessings, we remember that we   are blessed so we can bless others.  In His Love, 
"Who lovingly draw others into a mission of helping ".. I needed to hear it put that way, I then started to think back to this past year to all the people that have been touched though the generosity of those of you who have come along side... Literally thousands of people have had their lives changed because of the blessings that have come from you our readers , and your understanding and belief in the truth that lies in the conclusion of the letter I received...
'We remember that we are blessed so that we can bless others. "

So this Thanks giving, please remember as we are thankful for so much, That I have many friends in Kyrgyzstan that are thankful for you!

No comments: