Friday, June 24, 2011

Mercy or Justice ?

I have been thinking a lot about Mercy and Justice ... and the difference... It's funny we seem to have the feeling as a culture that Justice is some how more important then mercy. I looked around on the net to see what I could find . what it boils down to is mercy is forgiving someone or helping when it is not deserved, where as justice is doing what is right when some one is deserving or wronged !...

I have always had a soft spot when I see an injustice, and have a deep urge to step up.. It is what I learned from my father.. he was a defender of the underdog.. he told me one time that if you take the side of Justice, you will never loose because you have the favor of God on your side ...

Here is an example of that Justice in action from our recient trip to Kyrgyzstan .

..( if you are viewing this from FB, you may need to go directly to the blog by following this link to watch it )






As I watch this video, I become overwhelmed ... not by the show of Justice like you might think, but by the show of mercy. The mercy that God has shown me, to use me in all my faults to be a blessing to others.. the mercy that was shown to many of those helping us with this project.. to save them from a life of drugs and alcohol... totally un deserving, and lifting them to a place of doing justly....to show mercy and lift them from life in the orphanage system, and set them apart from those around them

The greatest of mercy and Justice is not Justice.. that is expected of us, it is the mercy that we have been given , and in turn share... it is mercy that has us reach out to those around us in need .. regardless of their storey... Mercy is the new beginning .. Mercy is a future with Him... We can do Justice... But I think it is only by understanding the mercy that was shown us that we can Do Justice right ... Until we understand the place of Mercy, how can we seek Justice.

In mercy the throne will be established; And One will sit on it in truth, in the tabernacle of David, Judging and seeking justice and hastening righteousness.....Isaiah 16:4-6

No comments: