Wednesday, December 19, 2007

STAND

One of my favorite blogs is the LaJoy family blog. Cindy walks us through the daily trials of life from a unique perspective. Cindy's boys are from Central Asia, and "Kenny" in particular is from town. I have followed this latest adoption from the beginning stages . I have celebrated with them, I have laughed with them, and I have cried with them. Our paths have crossed in other corners of the cyber community as well. Although we are thousands of miles apart, our common goals and heart for the Helpless hurting and lost has drawn us to the same small corner of the globe. You see we both know and understand that it is never too late... That the resilience of a child can be mind boggling . Here is an excerpt from her blog today.



We sat around the TV watching a show I had never seen before on NBC named "Clash of the Choirs" in which choirs led by music celebrity directors compete for a large donation to a specific charity. We really enjoyed this show, and at one point Kenny snuggled in next to me on the couch warming ourselves under a blanket (It's Colorado folks, we are always under a blanket...either a down blanket or a snow blanket!). One of the choirs sang a song "I'll Stand By You" that many of you that are roughly...ahem...my age...might remember being recorded by The Pretenders. So here we are, this little 9 year old boy and I, barely 6 months into being mother and son together, and he looks up at me in all seriousness and quietly says "Hey cool mom! I stand by you. I like that. We family, I stand by you forever."WOW. Dumbstruck. Loyalty & Love.The abstract concepts of loyalty and togetherness and family are things that many adults in this world seem not to understand. Or if they understand it, they can not act on it. Here is this little boy, institutionalized his entire life with no real reason at all to even have a basic understanding of these things. They were not modeled for him, they were not experienced by him, they were not part of his daily life. How did the seeds get planted? Where did it come from?"I stand by you forever". Daily, I am humbled.It was Kenny who reminded us (as if I needed reminding) that tonight was a night for special prayer. So off went the lights, out came the candle, and by it's flickering light we all held hands as each one asked for God's guidance and blessing.Regardless of the outcome, Kenny put it beautifully. "I stand by you forever".


I cant help but think of Ephesians That says "after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace"

P.S. Cindy.... We received the camera. Thank you
so much. Beckah is so excited about this project.....she is my little techno-geek.....I picked it up to look at it last night, and what do you know....150 photo's of the dog!Thanks again
Blessings
The Wrights




1 comment:

Cindy LaJoy said...

Hey John!!! Today is a VERY SPECIAL day...good news on the subject we have talked about privately and should remain so, but you know what I am talking about, the best news..and then I find myself quoted on your blog. Quite an honor. Glad you got the camera and I hope it works well for you guys. I just can't wait until you get over there and I can follow along on your daily experiences via the blog.

Merry, Merry Christmas to you and your entire family.