Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Are you feeling weak today ?

Did you happen to catch my blog a few days ago ? it is worth looking back at in lieu of current events.  Just in case  you did miss it,  here is a recap.


photo by Jengish 


 "This guy's walking down the street when he falls in a hole. The walls are so steep he can't get out. "A doctor passes by and the guy shouts up, 'Hey you. Can you help me out?' The doctor thinks for a second and writes a prescription, throws it down in the hole and moves on. "Then a priest comes along and the guy shouts up, Father, I'm down in this hole can you help me out?' The priest thinks for a moment, gets out his prayer book , finds just the right prayer and tears out the page and throws it down in the hole and moves on "Then a friend walks by, 'Hey, Joe, it's me can you help me out?' And the friend, with out a thought  jumps in the hole. Our guy says, Are you stupid? Now we're both down here. The friend says, "Yeah, but I've been down here before and I know the way out."

That my friends is what missions is all about .. Knowing the One who is the way, and jumping in to meet people were they are at , to show them The Way.  

I was not always so confident about what I had to offer.. its funny , my personal trials and weakness as it turns out are turned into some of my greatest strengths.  I can't spell, I can hardly read, and I am a terrible traveler, yet here I am today.   Here is a little story I will  leave you with .

 Shortly after we were married, life for us had seemed to begin to spiral out of control. I had lost my father and grandmother 10 days apart, our family business was in difficulty, and the restaurant I worked at had just closed and fighting off bankruptcy . Emma was very sick and lived on an breathing and heart monitor 24 / 7. On my way home from work on the last day , my car died, and so there I was ... Down to one old car and not able to find work. 

 I would go to our local dump, and scavenge for what ever I could find, and bring my salvage to a local auction house . I did not think things could get much worse, until one day the car completely died on me in the next village over.  I began walking home the 10 or so miles, and as I walked, I started thinking about a message I had just heard about walking as a VICTOR. Needless to say I was not real receptive to this .. I had done everything to live a pure and honorable life yet as I walked along examining my life and where we would go from here, the rain began.. not just a gentle rain, but one of those pounding rains that makes it impossible to see your hand in front of your face.. I was wrong .. things could get worse. I began to call out to God.. again the rain pounding so hard that I could hardly hear myself , let alone see, I stood there in the middle of nowhere and I screamed at him.. "How can this be the life of a Victor, what do you want from me .. I sure feel like a victim here God... If I truly am a Victor like your word says .. show me..." 

Threw the tears and the rain, soaked to the bone, my eyes fell to the ground, and out of the gavel road as the rain washed away the stone, one word appeared ... VICTOR... I thought for a second that I was seeing things .. my eyes were stinging and my vision was blurred... I reached down to touch it, expecting it to disappear, but wanting it to be real , and it was .. there on the ground in front of me , was the answer.. VICTOR.



It turns out that the sign  I received from God  was actually the mettle embossing from an old Crown Victoria that had broken off someones car and landed on the side of the road.  But that was enough for me. That was the kick start that I needed .. to me that was the proof that God did see and hear my cry's while I was facing the adversities... Those adversities did not end instantly, but in time as I learned and recognized Gods hand in my life, and how He really did care, I began to take those hurtles that piled in front of me. and I chose to climb upon them as my victors platform. Today I still  walk through the dump, but now bringing  bringing hope to the people I have become friends with there, when I visit sick and dying children in the hospitals and work to provide the medical care they need, I do so as a victor... No longer do I or will I live as a victim of Circumstances... I choose to live as a VICTOR .. still going to the dump gathering treasures ... but no longer earthly ones... 



I have been there before and I know the way out !

In every situation , the circumstances may change , but the The Way remains the same.  Let me tell you , what ever you are facing today ..  I know someone that has been in that hole before and He is the way out. 

Yesterday I shared about the promises of God .. here is today's promise. 


 My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. 
For when I am weak, then I am strong.

No comments: