Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Week one, update by Grammy



Week 1 I have made it here safely and I’m already at the end of week one. I had a good flight – or should I say “flights.” No problem at transfer points – I would recommend Turkish Airlines – and it was great to fly at night. I was met by Emma, Bekah and Jenish. We spent the first night in Bishkek at Bekah’s
 
 
 

 
apartment (Lilly was happy to see me) and then went to Tokmok to Emma and Jenish’s where we have been since- joined by Jenish’s brother Azamat. We kept busy packing and delivering food and presents and also went to the farm most days. I believe John has posted photos. Today, (Wednesday) was our first day off- we had the chance to dawdle and went to the farm in the afternoon. It was wonderful seeing friends again. The weather has been not too cold and very little snow, so that made our week easier. If I am asked times and dates of my departure and/or arrival I’d have to say, “I haven’t a clue.” I planned to keep my watch on Norwood time but






got mixed up with our 12 hour time, then 24 hour time and a few time changes thrown in and I just gave up, and said, “Whatever.” I’m looking forward to the next two weeks- I can’t believe I have been here so long. Don’t know where I’m going or what I’m doing so I will let you know on “Week 2” Trust everyone is well. I have tried to refrain from looking at Facebook and “staying in the moment” – and loving it. Hugs to all, with Love, Grammy Pammy.


No comments: