Friday, December 02, 2011

More blessings

I hardly slept last night . There is just so much going on right now, But we have seen such incredible out pouring of support. Take for example last week I posted abut a need for a camera for one of our medical teams , yesterday that was covered by a group somewhere in Indiana ... but not just the camera, .. rechargeable batteries, a case, memory stick and a flash stick... exceedingly and abundantly more.... Then yesterday I shared about the need for heat t the hospital. with in 15 minutes the donations began to come in and by midnight, I was able to email Larisa to inform her that we have the funds to put in the heat.

Today we are busy running around getting ready for a great weekend. Right after Julie gets off work, we will head for Barrie to Lynn and Ryby's place. We are having a big fund raiser tomorrow from 1pm to 4 pm at Mapleview Community Church . Bekah Julie and I will be setting up the Beverage table.. It will be coffee house style with assorted tea's , flavors of Hot chocolate, apple cider, gourmet coffee, Bekah will be doing her fruit smithies and ice caps... always a great time .
There will be a silent auction as well. here are a few of the items that will be up for bids

- Round Trip tickets for two to Alaska
- Week at a lake cottage that sleeps 9 - with use of the canoe
- Lots of certificates for dinner out
- Photography sessions for the family portrait
- Oil changes
- Massages
- Facial treatments
- Leather hand bag
- Desserts for a year
- Gift Baskets
- Certificates for different services
- Tutoring
- Tax preparation services
- Cottage weekend
- 10 hours of long distance phone time
- on and on and on..

If you are in the area, be sure to stop buy and see us ...

I always love these events. When people get together to do something like this, I find that there is such an excitement... It always reminds me about the scripture that says that God loves a cheerful giver , but I was told one time that the original text uses the word Holari which translates as Hilarious ... He wants for us to be Hilarious givers... Now that sounds like fun. I have also seen scriptures talking about giving with reckless abandonment... now that's Hilarious.. because who knows you can't out give God... Many of you have tried this last few weeks... I love the challange that is give to us about giving ....Test me in this and see if I don't open up heaven itself to you and pour out blessings beyond your wildest dreams.

No comments: